13-15 June 2013
- 13-15 June 2013
- Lérins Islands: Sainte-Marguerite and Saint-Honorat. Saint-Honorat still belongs to the monks of a 16 century-old abbey. Visitors can access the island but have to pay the highest respect for the monks’ silent way of life and the preserved nature around the monastery. Sainte-Marguerite is very famous for the fort Vauban, a royal prison who lodged the famous iron mask man.
- La Croisette: famous in the whole world, the famous pier and promenade is a place you cannot miss. Whether you just lie down on the public beach or have a drink in one of the very select clubs, you will feel like a movie star. Go and see the Festival’s palace and proudly climb the steps.
- The old Cannes: narrow and picturesque streets, small staircases, this is an area pedestrians will love. You have to climb up the Tower’s Staircase to the top of the Suquet. Then you will be able to admire Notre-Dame de l’Espérance church of the 17th century, The Musée de la Castre, and especially the tower built in the 11th century by Lerins’ monks to supervise the island.
- Boulevard Carnot: it is a very famous and beautiful street of Cannes. You will admire many samples of the impressive architecture of the Edwardian era. One gorgeous example of it is the Rothschild Villa, located in Avenue Jean de Noailles. It accommodates today a library and a breathtaking collection of objects. Don’t hesitate to go in and visit this extraordinary house.
Where to eat and have a drink ?
- The Loft: 13, rue du DocteurMonod, 06400 Cannes. In a chic and refined setting, the loftmaintains its place among Cannes’ top night spots. Relaxed atmosphere at first, as the music gets louder, the party accelerates and you will start dancing. Be careful though, the dress code is very strict. Suiting up will allow you to have an unforgettable night, it is worth the effort.
- Chez Félix: 63, Boulevard de La Croisette, 06400 Cannes. One of the most luxurious typically French breweries of Cannes. It is a great place to have lunch and chat in front of the sea.Often crowded though, you might want to make a reservation the day before you want to come. Apart from the general elegance of the place, there is a small originality; the customers can watch the cooks prepare their meal.